5.06.2011

Easter {April 24th}

Easter gets it's own posting!

Easter Morning in particular always feels so special, waking up and thinking 'He's Alive!' we loaded the kids in the car and escaped to the mountians first thing to worship God in the quiet morning...


We took a very easy trail up and then pulled just a little off the trail to a spot with some nice 'sitting rocks' and to our delight saw this right in the center of our spot...a sweet God touch!

The kids were so sweet and controlled their urges to go explore until after we were done singing.

A man, a guitar, and a heart for Jesus...I'm in love!!!

I had to snap this picture even though we were mid-song because the kids just looked so angelic (you gotta soak those moments up when you get 'em!) Ava wanted to bring her little piano so she could make music too, we sang just 3 songs (which is plenty when you have 3 young kids with you) and then let the kids explore for a bit before heading home to get ready for church.

Home from church and I ran inside to hide the giant eggs before the kids came in to hunt!

I made a VERY easy batch of jelly bean bark for a treat and it was a big hit, even with Elijah who does not like chocolate but said these tasted like frosting...they did!

searching!

high and low!

Lily 'found' hers under her crib. We got her a zuzu pet doggy because she LOVES the kid's zuzu pet hamsters...she was not sure what to think about the puppy though!

She was acting so funny about it! I could tell she wanted to play with it, she was intrigued but frightened at the same time...

She would come real close then pull her arm away and say "NO!"

Ava was thrilled with her new swimsuit that had a flamingo on it...for my 'Summer Bird" (Ava's name means 'like a bird' so we really play it up with her and she loves that)

We even found a matching flamingo towel!

LEGOS!!!

After opening their new suits and goggles the kids were ready for a swim so Avery took them out while I made lunch.

This little pool never gets old!



There was no stopping her...



The house felt so sweet so I just enjoyed the moment, thinking about the goodness of God, hearing my kids laughing and playing, remembering the awesome testimonies we got to hear at church today during baptisms...just a great moment!

I put out the GLASS dishes and the kids loved eating like we were 'at a restaurant'!

Ava's finished craft from last Saturday...I love how she drew Jesus with a beard! :)







Elijah's finished craft, He thought the palm branches were so cool when we talked about Palm Sunday.





We definitely hope to repeat some of this next year, and may even do some more early morning worship throughout the year...I'm sooooo buying myself a tamborine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Previous Posts